Frequently Asked Questions
Family Medical Care in Arlington, TX
Our mission at Arlington Family Practice is to provide quality medical care in a fun and loving atmosphere. With the help of modern technology, our knowledgeable staff will go above and beyond to ensure you feel better when you leave than when you arrived.
- Q: What types of insurance do you accept?
- Q: My child isn’t feeling well. What can I do before I call the office?
- Q: How can I prepare at home for medical emergencies?
- Q: Can you help me determine if my child is up to date on their vaccines?
- Q: What is Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy?
- Q: What is D.O.?
- Q: I need to fill out an advance directive. What is it & where can I find it?
- Q: Can I order my products through the office online?
- Q: I need to request a copy of my medical records, how do I do that?
- Q: I’ve completely filled-out / misplaced my log sheet. Where can I find more to help me keep track of my blood pressure, blood sugar or insulin?
- Q: How can I get to the patient portal?
- Q: I need some forms/letters filled out by my doctor, what kind of time frame should I expect in order to receive them completed?
- Q: The doctor has told me to go to a Patient Service Center (PSC) to have my labs drawn. Where can I go?
- Q: I am interested in being a patient there, can I book online?
- Q: How do I get a referral to a specialist?
- Q: What if I have more than one insurance policy? Will you file both?
What types of insurance do you accept?
Please make sure you ask your insurance company to verify that we are part of you plan, we are listed on some plans but we are out of network for some plans. If we are out of network make sure you have out of network benefits on your plan.
Health insurance plans we accept include:
- Aetna PPO, EPO, MC, Traditional Choice, Open Choice,
- Aetna TRS thru the school district
- Aetna HMO, HMO open access, QPOS
- Aetna Premier Care Network (APCN)
- Aetna Select (not Baylor Scott and White) please confirm with insurance. There are a few select plans that we are out of network for.
- Aetna Medicare Advantage TRS for existing patients only(switching to Humana 2017)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO-POS
- Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO thru major employers
- Blue Cross Blue Shield BAV HMO and BAV HMO plus (only off the exchange)
- Care & Care- We Are Out of Network
- CIGNA all plans
- Coventry PPO/First Health
- Galaxy/Managed Care PPO
- Great West PPO/Open Access and POS (Cigna)
- Health Management PPO only
- Health Smart PPO and POS
- Health Smart Not on GEPO (gated plan), Accel products
- Humana Choice Care/Preferred PPO/POS and Open Access
- Humana Choice PPO Medicare Advantage
- Humana Medicare and Out of Network
- Independent Medical Systems (IMS)-PPO
- Multiplan PPO/PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO/Savility
- PlanVista Solutions (NPPN and Centra)-PPO
- Poly America/Meritain PPO
- Prime Health Services-PPO
- Provider Select, Inc-PPO
- United Health Care/United Health Care HMO
- USA Managed Care PPO
- XLHelath-Care Improvement Plus
- United Health Care AARP Complete
We do not accept any discount plans: other then PHCS & Multiplan We are out of network for Medicare Advantage Plans. (see exception for Aetna) We are not on BCBS Premier HMO, Aetna Select(Baylor Scott and White),Aetna Better Health, AMBetter, Oscar EPO, Molina.
We will accept insurance that have out of network benefits. Check with you insurance company or agent to see if you have OON benefits for plans we do not take.
My child isn’t feeling well. What can I do before I call the office?
If your child isn’t feeling well, we encourage you to reference and download our Orange Book for Parents, which can be found HERE. This is a guide to treating minor illnesses at home. If conditions worsen, please call our office right away or go to the emergency room at your local children’s hospital.
How can I prepare at home for medical emergencies?
We encourage our patients to check out the following guide provided by the Tarrant County Health Department. The guide includes very helpful information on how to safeguard your health and maintain a healthy household.
Home Care Guide – Click Here to View PDF
Can you help me determine if my child is up to date on their vaccines?
Please consult with your doctor to determine which immunizations your child is due for. Below is a child immunization schedule for reference. CLICK HERE TO PRINT OUT SCHEDULE.
Child Immunization Schedule
What is Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy?
Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy (OMT) is hands-on therapy used to diagnose, treat and prevent illness or injury. This therapy requires our physicians to move your muscles and joints using an array of techniques including stretching, gentle pressure and resistance.
People of all ages and medical histories can benefit from OMT. The treatment lessens pain, promotes healing and increases your overall mobility. OMT helps patients with a number of health problems such as: muscle pain, asthma, sinus disorders, carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines, menstrual pain and more. When appropriate, OMT can complement, and even replace, drugs or surgery.
What is D.O.?
Doctor of osteopathic medicine (DOs) are fully licensed physicians who can provide a complete range of medical services, from performing surgery to prescribing medication. DOs practice every medical specialty and can be found in nearly every health care setting.
Dedicated to treating and healing patients as a whole, DOs don’t focus on one particular area. They work with their patients to help them stay well because good health is more than just being symptom free. DOs combine their knowledge of the musculoskeletal system with the latest medical tools to offer patients the most comprehensive care available today.
I need to fill out an advance directive. What is this & where can I find it?
Advance directives are legal documents that allow you to make decisions about your end-of-life care ahead of time. It’s a way to communicate your wishes to your loved ones and healthcare professionals in order to prevent any confusion in the future. Please visit the links below to download the necessary forms.
Directive to Physicians and Family or Surrogates Form – Click Here to View PDF
Medical Power of Attorney Form – Click Here to View PDF
Can I order my products through the office online?
We currently do not offer the capabilities to order products online through our website. However, you can visit the Metagenics website and order directly from there if you are a current patient: CLICK HERE. Please call our office to access the referral codes for the Metagenics and XYMOGEN website at 817.277.6444.
I need to request a copy of my medical records, how do I do that?
Attached you will find a copy of our medical records request that you may print out to fax/email/take to that provider.
Medical Records Request – Click Here to View PDF
I’ve completely filled-out / misplaced my log sheet. Where can I find more to help me keep track of my blood pressure, blood sugar or insulin?
How can I get to the patient portal?
You may access it through this link: https://mycw46.eclinicalweb.com/portal5390/jsp/login.jsp.
I need some forms/letters filled out by my doctor, what kind of time frame should I expect in order to receive them completed?
We request that you allow at least 24 -72 hours depending on the complexity of your request.
The doctor has told me to go to a Patient Service Center (PSC) to have my labs drawn. Where can I go?
Arlington Family Practice will electronically transmit your orders to whichever lab your prefer or your insurance requires, just let us know.
If you use LabCorp and they are your preference click here.
If you use CPL and they are your preference click here.
If you use Quest and they are your preference click here.
I am interested in being a patient there, can I book online?
How do I get a referral to a specialist?
A: With most insurances you do not need a referral from us to see your specialist; however, if you have some BCBS and Aetna plans you may need us to do a referral for you. First, in order to provide the referral, this medical issue must have been discussed with your physician at an office visit. Your doctor will start the referral, and we MUST get it authorized by your insurance company before you can even see the specialist, or you will have to pay for the visit out of pocket. Getting these authorizations can take a minimum of 48 hours up to a week. Please be patient, we are not trying to delay your care, it’s up to your insurance company to approve the referral. If you change the provider after we have started the process, it will delay the referral. As soon as it is approved we will forward the authorization to your specialist, as we have already sent them your information prior to getting the authorization.
What if I have more than one insurance policy? Will you file both?
We are more than happy to file with each of your insurances that we are in network with; however, you (AFP cannot do this, the insurance companies do not allow us to call them) must call both insurance companies to notify each other so that the coordination of benefits can be done prior to filing you claims. In other words, who pays first, and who pays second, etc. Otherwise, this could cause a complication of your benefits, including duplicate payments, refunds, and/or billing you for services that would have been covered.